Portraits Image Guidelines
One of the most important parts of the Fairlight Co. order experience which will affect your final outcome is the quality of the image which you choose to upload. The better the quality the better the outcome!
We know it can be hard to choose from that one perfect photo. So here are a few tips to make your life a little easier when choosing that PERFECT photo to upload:
- Use photos which are taken via a high quality camera or smartphone.
- Light is so important when it comes to a good photo. Outdoor daylight is always the best option!
- Showing movement always comes out very cool in this medium but stills work as well!
- The best poses are when you're smiling! As a lot of emotion is captured in the mouth, we want to be sure the happy memory is captured - we will do eyes upon request so just let us know in the order notes if this is something you're wanting
- Avoid using photos which are overly filtered, as this makes it a lot harder for us to choose the correct color tones.
Here are some examples of good examples, and bad examples. It is important to highlight, we'd like to think that we are pretty talented artists so in many cases, we can still make it work, even if your picture don't fit the guidelines below.
- This Beautiful Family Is Moving!
- Well-lit With Natural Lighting
- Well Defined And High Quality Image
- Poor Lighting!
- Too Much Contrast, Which Makes It Incredibly Hard to Color Match.
- Hard to Identify Facial Features etc.
- Both Pet and Owner Are Lying Down
- Not To Much Emotion Is Being Shown
- Not Enough Space Around The Subjects
- Looking Directly into the Camera
- Photo is blurry and will be hard to work with
Still not sure your picture will work?
No problem - just reach outto me and my team at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will let you know. Remember we are a team of talented artists, so we can work with you to get to you something amazing!